Ag to be celebrated in Kennebec
Kennebec Town & Country Club will host the 8th annual Ag Day Celebration Saturday, June 18. The festivities start at noon on Saturday with a free community picnic at the Kennebec fire hall. The picnic is sponsored by the T&C Club and Modern Woodmen of America.
The Kennebec fire department will sell cold beverages from their beer garden at the fire hall. A toy show will be held on Main street giving kids of all ages the chance to show off their new or restored, cars, bikes, tractors, motorcycles, boats and /or 4-wheelers. Snowmobile grass races will start at 1 PM followed by bed races, and a kids sanctioned tractor pull at 3 PM.
If throwing shoes are more to your liking at 2 pm Horseshoe Tournament will start at 2 PM on the north end of Main Street. Entry fee for a 2-person team is $50. According to Matt Collins, T&C Club president, there will be activities and games for all ages including minnow races, kids water games, dunk tank, chicken poop contest, blow up jumping castle and to relieve aches and pains, chair massages in the park. A new event this year is the hot dog eating contest and woman’s cupcake eating contest. All contestants must be 18 years or older.
The Kennebec T&C Club hosts Ag Day to show appreciation to the area’s largest industry; agriculture. All are invited and welcome to attend this year’s event.
- Hunters average two birds in Lyman Co. during opener
- National Fire Prevention Week, October 9-15
- Hoops for Coop
- Lyman Celebrates Homecoming
- Fall Harvest Underway
- LHS to crown King & Queen Monday, Sept. 26
- Lyman PF Chapter plans Banquet
- Kennebec hosts Rodeo for Cowboys and Cowgirls, age 4 to 18
- GLF Update: "The Miller Challenge"
- Pheasant survey indicates Lyman County routes among highest in state
- Court rules on County State’s election
- Enrollment up at the start of the new year