Ag to be celebrated in Kennebec
Kennebec Town & Country Club will host the 8th annual Ag Day Celebration Saturday, June 18. The festivities start at noon on Saturday with a free community picnic at the Kennebec fire hall. The picnic is sponsored by the T&C Club and Modern Woodmen of America.
The Kennebec fire department will sell cold beverages from their beer garden at the fire hall. A toy show will be held on Main street giving kids of all ages the chance to show off their new or restored, cars, bikes, tractors, motorcycles, boats and /or 4-wheelers. Snowmobile grass races will start at 1 PM followed by bed races, and a kids sanctioned tractor pull at 3 PM.
If throwing shoes are more to your liking at 2 pm Horseshoe Tournament will start at 2 PM on the north end of Main Street. Entry fee for a 2-person team is $50. According to Matt Collins, T&C Club president, there will be activities and games for all ages including minnow races, kids water games, dunk tank, chicken poop contest, blow up jumping castle and to relieve aches and pains, chair massages in the park. A new event this year is the hot dog eating contest and woman’s cupcake eating contest. All contestants must be 18 years or older.
The Kennebec T&C Club hosts Ag Day to show appreciation to the area’s largest industry; agriculture. All are invited and welcome to attend this year’s event.
- Raider colors on parade
- Lutherans observe 100 years in Presho
- Rails to the Future Applauds Receipt of $13 Million TIGER Grant to Build Railroad to Presho
- Homecoming King and Queen Crowned
- Survey indicates pheasants numbers strong in central South Dakota
- Celebrate South Dakota's 125 years of Statehood at the museum Sunday
- Booster Club hosts kick off
- Market features sunflower blooms and more
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre; DayTriathlon set for Saturday
- Pool season comes to an end
- Hoping for a favorable nod from the judge
- Reminiscing at school reunions