Oahe and Big Bend Release Numbers drop to 140,000 cfs on Saturday
The Corps of Engineers announced Thursday that the release levels for Oahe and Big Bend Dams will decrease again tomorrow.
Jody Farhat, Chief of the Water Management Division with the Corps' Omaha office says releases will be reduced at both facilities from the current 145,000 cubic feet per second amount to 140,000 cfs Saturday.
Farhat says the reservoir level at Oahe is about seven tenths of a foot below the top of the spillway gates and is beginning a slow decline and Big Bend is near its normal operating levels.
- Friends, classmates graduate
- Memorial Day Services
- Lyman track teams win Conference Meet
- NOTICE OF BIDS
- Western Great Plains Confernce Track meet to be held in Presho
- Youth selected to attend Boys and Girls State
- Nominating petitions due
- Love of horses inspires essay
- City-wide clean up days scheduled
- Pierre publisher elected president of South Dakota Newspaper Association
- Prom on the Bayou
- Get ready for Scavenger’s Journey