Oahe and Big Bend Release Numbers drop to 140,000 cfs on Saturday
The Corps of Engineers announced Thursday that the release levels for Oahe and Big Bend Dams will decrease again tomorrow.
Jody Farhat, Chief of the Water Management Division with the Corps' Omaha office says releases will be reduced at both facilities from the current 145,000 cubic feet per second amount to 140,000 cfs Saturday.
Farhat says the reservoir level at Oahe is about seven tenths of a foot below the top of the spillway gates and is beginning a slow decline and Big Bend is near its normal operating levels.
- LC Sheriff's office involved in vehicle pursuit
- RACD changes date of annual dinner/theater
- Former coach inducted into HOF
- Trooper Koenig released from hospital
- Brule County Standoff Ends with Subject Surrendering to Law Enforcement
- Local HP officer in stable condition following shooting near Kimball
- Passerby reports house fire
- Vivian Post Office hours to be cut
- Celebrating Christmas
- Urban joins Stanley/Jones Clinic