Oahe and Big Bend Release Numbers drop to 140,000 cfs on Saturday
The Corps of Engineers announced Thursday that the release levels for Oahe and Big Bend Dams will decrease again tomorrow.
Jody Farhat, Chief of the Water Management Division with the Corps' Omaha office says releases will be reduced at both facilities from the current 145,000 cubic feet per second amount to 140,000 cfs Saturday.
Farhat says the reservoir level at Oahe is about seven tenths of a foot below the top of the spillway gates and is beginning a slow decline and Big Bend is near its normal operating levels.
- United Methodist holds Easter celebration
- "As seen on TV"
- Local Vet Supply business under new ownership
- Sobriety Checkpoints Planned
- Reliance Post Office house on chopping block
- Leprechauns descend upon Presho
- Lady Raiders bound for state
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab