NewsFebruary 15 2012
Place your order for Daffodil Days
Local volunteers Presho, Kennebec, Vivian and Reliance will be taking daffodil orders for the 2012 American Cancer Society Daffodil Days Campaign this week.
Items for sale are daffodil bunches, 10 blooms for $10; the American Cancer Society’s Boyd’s Bear "Shar N. Hope" and a bunch for $25; a vase and a bunch for $15; and the mini potted daffodil plants for $12.
Contact Lois Comp or Kym Lebeda in Presho; Karen Gilman, Kennebec to pre-order daffodils.
Daffodil orders will be distributed throughout the Lyman County area the week of March 12.
Daffodil Days is one of the American Cancer Society’s oldest and most beloved fundraising programs of the American Cancer Socity. As the first flower of spring, the daffodil represents hope and renewal. To the American Cancer Society, the daffodil symbolizes the hope of the society, to save lives and help people stay well and get well, by finding cures, and by fighting back against cancer.
- Ground broken for the Wheat Growers fertilizer plant
- Greater Lyman Foundation works toward challenge
- A Season of Giving
- Local Food Pantry partners with Feeding South Dakota
- Senior meal program to end in Lyman County due to declining numbers
- Former students rebut CNN’s accusations against St. Joseph’s Indian School
- Transportation Secretary visits South Dakota rail rehab project
- National Gas Average Nears Four-Year Low
- Schaefer re-elected to third term in House
- Growing rural communities