Enrollment up at Lyman
Over 400 students are enrolled at Lyman School this fall according to superintendent Doug Eppard, who told the board the school is up 30 students from last fall.
Mr. Eppard presented a break down of enrollment numbers to the board at their regular monthly meeting held at the Kennebec site Monday night. Enrollment as of September 9th; High School - 119, MS - 90, Kennebec Elem.- 113; and Presho Elem. - 79 for a total of 401 students. The last time Lyman’s enrollment was that high was 2006.
Due to the increase in the number of students from Lower Brule another large bus had to be added to the Lower Brule route. Eppard recommend the board amend Gary Urban’s bus driving contract from a small bus to a large bus with an increase in salary to $12,535. There are now three large buses transporting approximately 145 students from Lower Brule and 43 from the Reliance area.
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday
- Lyman plays Whiter River tonight at Dist. 13B
- Lyman to host Dist. 13B Girls Tournament
- RACD performers present 21st dinner/theater
- Two Lyman grads inducted
- Reliance Zoning Commission recommends change in designation
- Transmission project being reviewed
- City and town board nominating petitons available
- Ice Fishing for fun and prizes
- Vehicle pursuit ends with drug arrest
- LC Sheriff's office involved in vehicle pursuit