Enrollment up at Lyman
Over 400 students are enrolled at Lyman School this fall according to superintendent Doug Eppard, who told the board the school is up 30 students from last fall.
Mr. Eppard presented a break down of enrollment numbers to the board at their regular monthly meeting held at the Kennebec site Monday night. Enrollment as of September 9th; High School - 119, MS - 90, Kennebec Elem.- 113; and Presho Elem. - 79 for a total of 401 students. The last time Lyman’s enrollment was that high was 2006.
Due to the increase in the number of students from Lower Brule another large bus had to be added to the Lower Brule route. Eppard recommend the board amend Gary Urban’s bus driving contract from a small bus to a large bus with an increase in salary to $12,535. There are now three large buses transporting approximately 145 students from Lower Brule and 43 from the Reliance area.
- Former Bearcat and current Raider fan selected to the Hall of Fame
- Share your love story with us
- Annual Kennebec fishing tournament draws crowd
- March 19 to be proclaimed as "Mike Sweeney Day" in Presho
- Lyman places 10th at Mid Dakota Monster
- GLF grants applications now being accepted
- Give 'em room to work
- 40th year for Lyman tourney
- Snow arrived the day after Christmas
- Officials urge holiday safety
- Merry Christmas
- Railroad equipment parked for winter