The South Dakota Agricultural crop and weather report released Monday, June 28 indicates that the relatively dryer conditions of the past week have allowed farmers and ranchers to complete planting and start haying. Dry weather continues to deteriorate crop and range lands in western South Dakota.
Nicole and Drew Diedrich, Spearfish, spent a week vacationing in the grand parental Merle and Marlene Aamot home. Last Thursday, Marlene took Drew and Nicole home and, after visiting in the John and Sheryl Diedrich home for the afternoon, Marlene returned home in the evening.
Kennebec's newly completed firehouse was dedicated Saturday, June 19, 2004. Firemen paraded the fire trucks from the old firehouse to the new one to mark the occasion
Members of the Kennebec Volunteer Fire Department cut the ribbon at the new firehouse dedication ceremony Saturday, June 19. The 50 x 120 firehouse was built with a $100,000 Community Block Grant and community donations including dollars and in kind labor. L-R: Brian Miller, Derek Jones, Charlie Bowar, Rod Voss, Ken Walling, Rod Bowar, Don Manger, Travis Almond, Todd Longville, Rusty Langenbau, Kenny Hamer, Mike Anderson, and Steve Manger.
- Lyman crowns 2015 royalty
- Crews start laying rail
- Concrete pour to start at elevator next week
- Homecoming set for Friday, October 9th
- Volunteers help make XC meet a success
- City-wide clean up set for Saturday, Sept. 26
- Rail being pedaled out
- Council votes to advertise for City Bar and liquor license bids with two options
- Presho City Bar remains closed
- Enrollment down at Lyman
- Woking over the edge
- Pheasant numbers continue to improve in 2015