By Lucy Halverson
Four entrepreneurial women from around the state launched a new business called Frontier Partners January 1 in Kennebec. The business chose Kennebec for their headquarters because of the central location.
Only one span remains of the three span Highway 53 Bridge across the White River south of Vivian in this photo taken Jan. 21, 2004. A new wider bridge was constructed two years ago to replace the 75 year old bridge.
See the Jan. 28, 2004 Herald for the history of the Hwy 53 bridge compliled by Lonis Wendt, Vivian, SD.
- Ground broken for the Wheat Growers fertilizer plant
- Greater Lyman Foundation works toward challenge
- A Season of Giving
- Local Food Pantry partners with Feeding South Dakota
- Senior meal program to end in Lyman County due to declining numbers
- Former students rebut CNN’s accusations against St. Joseph’s Indian School
- Transportation Secretary visits South Dakota rail rehab project
- National Gas Average Nears Four-Year Low
- Schaefer re-elected to third term in House
- Growing rural communities