NewsMay 08 2013
Lyman students selected to represent area Legion Units at the 2013 Boys and Girls State programs include, back row, l-r; Liam McManus and Harley Hoogendoorn from the Johnson Peterson Legion at Kennebec/Reliance, Austin Bower Larson Webster Legion Vivian. Front row, l-r; Anna Flitner and Chesney Garnos Presho Auxiliary, Jessica Welter Vivian Auxiliary, and Caroline Perry Kennebec/Reliance Auxiliary. Boys State will be held in Abredeen, SD May 27th to May 31. Girls State will be on the campus of USD at Vermillion May 27 to June 1. Students will learn about the American system of government, rights and responsibilities of good citizenship and gain knowledge about the principles of state government.
NewsMay 08 2013
Nominating petitions for the three open seats on the Lyman school board election are due in the business manager’s office by 5:00 pm Friday, May 10.
The three seats currently held by Jamie Griffith, Presho; Kenny Hamer, Kennebec; and Jodi Smith, Vivian are up for election this year.
Anyone living within the boundaries of the Lyman School District is eligible to seek a position on the board.
If more than three petitions are returned an election will be held June 18, 2013.
- Lyman track teams win Conference Meet
- NOTICE OF BIDS
- Western Great Plains Confernce Track meet to be held in Presho
- Youth selected to attend Boys and Girls State
- Nominating petitions due
- Love of horses inspires essay
- City-wide clean up days scheduled
- Pierre publisher elected president of South Dakota Newspaper Association
- Prom on the Bayou
- Get ready for Scavenger’s Journey
- Community adds to clinic fund
- Vivian business to open soon