Read for the Record Campaign Oct 6
Children and adults across Lyman County are invited to participate in the Read for the Record campaign to be held on Oct. 6. The year’s book is Llama, Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney. Record breakers everywhere will take part in helping to set a new world record for the greatest number of people reading the same book on the same day. Parents as Teachers will coordinate the event by donating a copy of the book to the Kennebec and Presho School Libraries to be shared with the school-aged children that day. They will also involve the communities of Vivian, Presho, Kennebec, and Reliance by hosting a pajama/red clothing party at each public library or location. The pajama/red clothing party will begin at 6:00 pm and include sharing the book, working on activities and having a light meal. The book can be found online at www.wegivebooks.org/pf/rftr/ for those who are unable to attend the festivities but want to participate and help set a new world record.
- Lyman Grads proclaim their accomplishment
- Teachers receive raise
- Prairie Futures program guides nontraditional students to nursing degree
- Highway Patrol to Conduct “Move Over” Campaign Friday
- Burglar hits county
- Deadline to file for school board is Friday
- May Day Flowers
- Herald and SUN recognized at Association Convention
- Murder suspect sited in Lyman County, apprehended in Wyoming
- Forum introduces Republican candidates for commission
- Foundation awards $22,000 in 2016.
- 29th annual Band Dinners