Read for the Record Campaign Oct 6
Children and adults across Lyman County are invited to participate in the Read for the Record campaign to be held on Oct. 6. The year’s book is Llama, Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney. Record breakers everywhere will take part in helping to set a new world record for the greatest number of people reading the same book on the same day. Parents as Teachers will coordinate the event by donating a copy of the book to the Kennebec and Presho School Libraries to be shared with the school-aged children that day. They will also involve the communities of Vivian, Presho, Kennebec, and Reliance by hosting a pajama/red clothing party at each public library or location. The pajama/red clothing party will begin at 6:00 pm and include sharing the book, working on activities and having a light meal. The book can be found online at www.wegivebooks.org/pf/rftr/ for those who are unable to attend the festivities but want to participate and help set a new world record.
- United Methodist holds Easter celebration
- "As seen on TV"
- Local Vet Supply business under new ownership
- Sobriety Checkpoints Planned
- Reliance Post Office house on chopping block
- Leprechauns descend upon Presho
- Lady Raiders bound for state
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab