NewsJanuary 13 2012
Governor Asks For Flags at
Half-Staff For Former Gov. Janklow
Governor Daugaard requests that all flags in South Dakota fly at half-staff, upon the passing of Governor William Janklow Thursday, January 12. Flags shoud remain at half staff until Governor Janklow’s interment, Wednesday, Jan. 18th 2012. “Our prayers go out to Mary Dean and to the Janklow family. Over the past few weeks, South Dakotans have taken time to recall Governor Janklow. He will always be remembered as a strong leader and one of our state’s most consequential governors.” Former Gov. Bill Janklow will lie in state at the Rotunda of the South Dakota Capitol on Tuesday morning, Jan. 17, with a memorial service to follow. Former Gov. Janklow’s funeral has been set for Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012, at 10:30 a.m. CST at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, 909 W. 33rd Street, Sioux Falls. South Dakota legislative leaders have announced that there will be no legislative session on Tuesday, Jan. 17 or Wednesday, Jan. 18.
- Murder suspect sited in Lyman County, apprehended in Wyoming
- Forum introduces Republican candidates for commission
- Foundation awards $22,000 in 2016.
- 29th annual Band Dinners
- Candidate forum to be held in Presho
- Presho to test fire siren April 26
- Unofficial City Election Results for Presho and Kennebec
- Kicking up their heels at a Country Chic Prom
- Postage rates will decrease
- GLF Spring Event to be held at Oacoma
- The hunt goes on!
- Meet the City Candidates