NewsMay 17 2012
PIERRE, S.D. –
Gov. Dennis Daugaard requests that all flags in the state be flown at half-staff on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 8 a.m. until sunset in honor of former U.S. Sen. Jim Abdnor.
Abdnor, who died Wednesday, was 89.
A World War II veteran, Abdnor was a four-term congressman before serving one term in the U.S. Senate and later heading the U.S. Small Business Administration for two years. He had earlier served six terms in the South Dakota Legislature and was Lieutenant Governor from 1968-1971.
A funeral service for Abdnor will be held Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. CDT at Lutheran Memorial Church, 320 East Prospect Avenue, Pierre.
- Lyman grads return for alumni
- Lyman grads return for reunion
- Railroad bridge work starts
- Lyman School reunion Saturday at clubhouse
- PHS alumni to meet Saturday
- 2015-2016 Lyman School Board
- New board members seated; Halverson elected chairwoman
- 4th of July sparkler art
- Dakota Mill makes request to purchase property along MRC line for expansion
- Scavenging through the county
- WCE Cooperative finishes up repairs after weekend storms