NewsMay 17 2012
PIERRE, S.D. –
Gov. Dennis Daugaard requests that all flags in the state be flown at half-staff on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 8 a.m. until sunset in honor of former U.S. Sen. Jim Abdnor.
Abdnor, who died Wednesday, was 89.
A World War II veteran, Abdnor was a four-term congressman before serving one term in the U.S. Senate and later heading the U.S. Small Business Administration for two years. He had earlier served six terms in the South Dakota Legislature and was Lieutenant Governor from 1968-1971.
A funeral service for Abdnor will be held Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. CDT at Lutheran Memorial Church, 320 East Prospect Avenue, Pierre.
- New art in Vivian
- Kennebec to expand, upgrade waterwaste system
- Wheat Growers Announces Kennebec Site for Grain/Agronomy Facility
- Raiders host Cross Country meet
- Committee to study possible restructuring of Lyman School
- Raider colors on parade
- Lutherans observe 100 years in Presho
- Rails to the Future Applauds Receipt of $13 Million TIGER Grant to Build Railroad to Presho
- Homecoming King and Queen Crowned
- Survey indicates pheasants numbers strong in central South Dakota
- Celebrate South Dakota's 125 years of Statehood at the museum Sunday
- Booster Club hosts kick off