NewsMay 17 2012
PIERRE, S.D. –
Gov. Dennis Daugaard requests that all flags in the state be flown at half-staff on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 8 a.m. until sunset in honor of former U.S. Sen. Jim Abdnor.
Abdnor, who died Wednesday, was 89.
A World War II veteran, Abdnor was a four-term congressman before serving one term in the U.S. Senate and later heading the U.S. Small Business Administration for two years. He had earlier served six terms in the South Dakota Legislature and was Lieutenant Governor from 1968-1971.
A funeral service for Abdnor will be held Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. CDT at Lutheran Memorial Church, 320 East Prospect Avenue, Pierre.
- Back to school
- New staff members join Lyman District
- Lyman County 4H Achievement Days
- County dedicates Roland L. Dolly Recreation Trail
- Shopping the Market
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre Day
- Lyman County museum shows off new sign
- Society to hold rededication of Pioneer Museum
- Lyman grads return for alumni
- Lyman grads return for reunion
- Railroad bridge work starts
- Lyman School reunion Saturday at clubhouse