NewsMay 17 2012
PIERRE, S.D. –
Gov. Dennis Daugaard requests that all flags in the state be flown at half-staff on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 8 a.m. until sunset in honor of former U.S. Sen. Jim Abdnor.
Abdnor, who died Wednesday, was 89.
A World War II veteran, Abdnor was a four-term congressman before serving one term in the U.S. Senate and later heading the U.S. Small Business Administration for two years. He had earlier served six terms in the South Dakota Legislature and was Lieutenant Governor from 1968-1971.
A funeral service for Abdnor will be held Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. CDT at Lutheran Memorial Church, 320 East Prospect Avenue, Pierre.
- Former Bearcat and current Raider fan selected to the Hall of Fame
- Share your love story with us
- Annual Kennebec fishing tournament draws crowd
- March 19 to be proclaimed as "Mike Sweeney Day" in Presho
- Lyman places 10th at Mid Dakota Monster
- GLF grants applications now being accepted
- Give 'em room to work
- 40th year for Lyman tourney
- Snow arrived the day after Christmas
- Officials urge holiday safety
- Merry Christmas
- Railroad equipment parked for winter