NewsMay 17 2012
PIERRE, S.D. –
Gov. Dennis Daugaard requests that all flags in the state be flown at half-staff on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 8 a.m. until sunset in honor of former U.S. Sen. Jim Abdnor.
Abdnor, who died Wednesday, was 89.
A World War II veteran, Abdnor was a four-term congressman before serving one term in the U.S. Senate and later heading the U.S. Small Business Administration for two years. He had earlier served six terms in the South Dakota Legislature and was Lieutenant Governor from 1968-1971.
A funeral service for Abdnor will be held Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. CDT at Lutheran Memorial Church, 320 East Prospect Avenue, Pierre.
- South Dakota All-State Band performs
- Meet the candidates
- Lyman HS band performs for crowd
- Climate update predicts wetter than average April
- Three seats on board up for election
- Student Council raises money for Children’s Miracle Network
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Presho takes second at amateur tournament
- Presho’s 25th Farm & Home Show a success
- Presho and Reliance to hold city elections
- Lyman Seniors serve as pages
- Annual Farm & Home Show set for Saturday