NewsMay 17 2012
PIERRE, S.D. –
Gov. Dennis Daugaard requests that all flags in the state be flown at half-staff on Saturday, May 19, 2012, from 8 a.m. until sunset in honor of former U.S. Sen. Jim Abdnor.
Abdnor, who died Wednesday, was 89.
A World War II veteran, Abdnor was a four-term congressman before serving one term in the U.S. Senate and later heading the U.S. Small Business Administration for two years. He had earlier served six terms in the South Dakota Legislature and was Lieutenant Governor from 1968-1971.
A funeral service for Abdnor will be held Saturday, May 19, at 11:30 a.m. CDT at Lutheran Memorial Church, 320 East Prospect Avenue, Pierre.
- Lyman crowns 2015 royalty
- Crews start laying rail
- Concrete pour to start at elevator next week
- Homecoming set for Friday, October 9th
- Volunteers help make XC meet a success
- City-wide clean up set for Saturday, Sept. 26
- Rail being pedaled out
- Council votes to advertise for City Bar and liquor license bids with two options
- Presho City Bar remains closed
- Enrollment down at Lyman
- Woking over the edge
- Pheasant numbers continue to improve in 2015