NewsJune 20 2012
Flags adorned Kennebec Main Street Thursday, June 14 in honor of Flag Day, the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. And, in 1949, President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.
In Kennebec, American Legion member Jim Sundall and his wife Carol are normally in charge of displaying the flags but this year due to their absence, Charlie Bowar and his wife Gloria positioned the 17 flags along Main Street early Thursday morning. The flags used for the display are memorial flags donated back to the Legion.
- Woking over the edge
- Pheasant numbers continue to improve in 2015
- Back to school
- New staff members join Lyman District
- Lyman County 4H Achievement Days
- County dedicates Roland L. Dolly Recreation Trail
- Shopping the Market
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre Day
- Lyman County museum shows off new sign
- Society to hold rededication of Pioneer Museum
- Lyman grads return for alumni
- Lyman grads return for reunion