NewsJune 20 2012
Flags adorned Kennebec Main Street Thursday, June 14 in honor of Flag Day, the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. And, in 1949, President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.
In Kennebec, American Legion member Jim Sundall and his wife Carol are normally in charge of displaying the flags but this year due to their absence, Charlie Bowar and his wife Gloria positioned the 17 flags along Main Street early Thursday morning. The flags used for the display are memorial flags donated back to the Legion.
- Presho holds holiday event
- Kids shopping day planned at Presho Thrift Store
- Sprenger named Friend of 4-H
- Win Chamber Bucks at Holiday Open House in Presho
- Raiders return from State B with 8th place
- Lyman Volleyball team plays today at State B Tournament in Huron
- Lyman hosts Veterans Day Program
- Lyman wins Region 7B
- Lyman County Unofficial Election Results
- Kennebec Residents asked for access to property
- Trunk or Treat in Presho