NewsNovember 28 2012
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Hometown Holiday Open House to be held Thursday
Pull on your most Christmassy sweater and join in the fun Thursday night at the annual Presho Area Chamber’s annual Hometown Holiday Open House as local businesses kick off the holiday season with Christmas shopping specials and a customer appreciation from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
To give thanks and show appreciation to those who shop the local businesses and chamber members, the Presho Area Chamber will sponsor a Shopping Receipt Rewards Program and give away $500 in Presho Chamber Bucks between November 29th and December 21st. As a reward for shopping locally, people who make a purchase – at a participating Chamber member business – of at least $5 may sign the back of their cash register receipt and place it in a special drawing bag for the opportunity to win the dollar value back (up to $50.00 maximum). Receipts totaling close to $100 per week will be drawn every Friday with the winner announced in the next issue of the Lyman County Herald newspaper and the Lyman County Herald website. Two hundred dollars in Chamber Bucks will be given away during the last drawing Friday, Dec. 21.
Pictured: John Uthe hangs a Christmas tree decoration from the light pole along Presho’s Main Street last Wednesday morning. Uthe and Forest Hupp took advantage of the unseasonable warm temperatures (78 degrees on Nov. 21) to hang Christmas lights throughout town.
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab
- Vacancies open on city and town boards
- First year of Jr. Kindergarten program exceeds expectations
- Rails to the future
- Berg to retire from Reliance Post Office
- Weighing In
- A monster of a tournament