Posted by Lucy
With a play on words, the Lyman Fitness Center, the Lyman County Herald, and a number of local businesses have teamed up to organize the Presho area’s 2nd annual Biggest Winner Contest .
The 12-week contest will take place at the fitness center. At the end of the contest, the person who has earned the most points through percentage of weight loss, inches lost and time spent working out at the fitness center will be named the winner of the 2013 Biggest Winner Contest.
Incentive prizes from local sponsors will be awarded throughout the contest with the grand prize winner receiving $350 in cash.
“No one is a loser at the Lyman Fitness Center,” said owner Carol Birgen. “Making the effort to improve your health through exercise or weight loss is important, and the clients at the fitness center are all winners!”
The contest will start the week of Feb. 4 and go until May 8, 2013.
Visit the Lyman Fitness Center for registration information or call Carol at 605-830-5831. Contestants need to complete the entry form to register and check in at the Stanley Jones Clinic for their confidential weigh-in before Monday, Feb. 4th. Contestant’s profiles and photos will be published in the Lyman County Herald three times during the contest.
Watch for monthly updates in the Herald and cheer on all the Biggest Winner Contestants!
- Scavenging through the county
- WCE Cooperative finishes up repairs after weekend storms
- High winds damage structures,
- North Central Farmers Elevator and South Dakota Wheat Growers Member-Owners Vote No on Unification
- Lyman School Board Election results
- Construction at new elevator site stays on schedule
- What's new at the museum
- Local Lions Club projects recognized
- Lyman reunion moves to Clubhouse
- Remebering those who gave all
- Presho HS reunion set