NewsApril 03 2013
The Greater Lyman Foundation (GLF) will host the 2nd annual spring fundraiser featuring Mogen’s Heroes and Jim Woster Saturday, April 6 at the Vivian Community Hall in Vivian.
The event starts with a meal, sponsored by Avera Medical Group Chamberlain and Avera McKennan Sioux Falls, and catered by Jet Lanes Bowling Alley of Presho at 6:00 PM.
The musical show will begin at approximately 7:00 PM and feature the band, Mogen’s Heroes of Sioux Falls, sponsored by Christiansen Land & Cattle Ltd. (Eddie and Christine Hamilton).
Appearing with band members John Mogen, Denny Gale and Bill Hoffman will be Lyman County native Jim Woster.
A limited number of advance tickets are available at a cost of $15 from the following GLF board members, Ron McManus, 730-1030; Herb Sundall, 869-2233; Judge Jessop, 895-2301; or Layne Larson, 280-7685.
All proceeds from the event, plus any extra donations, will be added to the Foundation, which is currently at $278,776.
Judge Jessop, board member and event organizer said two guest performers – Lane Moore, Vivian and Terry Hutchinson, a former member of the 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, the Cats – will join Mogen’s Heroes on stage for several musical selections.
"It’s rumored that a couple more members of the Woster clan could also show up," said Jessop.
"This really is an appreciation dinner for all those who have donated and supported the Greater Lyman Foundation since it was founded," said Jessop. "It’s sure to be a fun night of entertainment and good food."
The Vivian Community Club will assist the GLF board members in serving the catered meal.
- Lyman wins in first round playoff game against Stanley Co.
- Lyman to host openning round of football playoffs
- Hunting begins
- Pheasants make a come back
- Wheat Growers Kennebec facility groundbreaking set for October 15
- 1971 West Lyman football team inducted into Hall of Fame
- Presho woman gives state $10,000 for new rail line
- New art in Vivian
- Kennebec to expand, upgrade waterwaste system
- Wheat Growers Announces Kennebec Site for Grain/Agronomy Facility
- Raiders host Cross Country meet
- Committee to study possible restructuring of Lyman School