NewsMay 01 2013
The month of May has been designated as clean up month by several communities in Lyman County. The message from town boards and city councils is the same; "Take pride in your community and volunteer to help clean up and spruce up during the month of May".
Kennebec has named Saturday May 4th as clean up day according to finance officer Deb Buchmann.
The rubble site will be open from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm and extra fees will be waved that day.
Presho will hold a city-wide clean up day Saturday, May 11th under the leadership of the Presho Area Chamber. The Presho rubble site will be open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and will also wave extra fees that day only.
Presho area volunteers will gather at 10:00 AM in front of the Thrift store to assist elderly and disabled residents of Presho with clean-up.
To volunteer time or equipment or if in need of assistance contact the Presho Area Chamber office at 895-9445.
Acceptable rubble site items include yard waste such as grass clippings, leaves, and tree branches. Scrap lumber and untreated, burnable wood must have all nails and glass removed.
White goods such as appliances, hot water heaters and other scrap metal will be taken but all freon must be removed and the item tagged with an appropriate affidavit.
Items not accepted include tires, batteries, waste oil and other hazardous waste.
It is important that residents adhere to the rubble site rules and regulations. If city residents have questions regarding disposal of waste, contact the appropriate city finance office for clarification.
At this date, no organized citywide clean up has been scheduled for the towns of Reliance or Vivian.
- Booster Club hosts kick off
- Market features sunflower blooms and more
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre; DayTriathlon set for Saturday
- Pool season comes to an end
- Hoping for a favorable nod from the judge
- Reminiscing at school reunions
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain