Thrift Store offers Backpack Program to local youth
As part of the mission of the Thrift Store & More to help children in need, the board of directors announce the annual back-to-school Backpack Program will kick off Saturday, August 3rd and continue throughout the month.
Any family that needs help in obtaining school supplies for their school age children are encouraged to visit the store between August 3rd and the start of the school year. “Supplies may go fast,” said board member Teresa Hanson, who encourages people to come in early for the best selection.
Anyone with good usable back packs to donate may bring them to the store as soon as possible. Cash donations towards supplies are always welcomed and appreciated.
According to Hanson, the store tries to keep supplies on hand throughout the year for those in need of items later in the school year. “We encourage teachers and students to utilize these supplies,” said Hanson.
Supplies can also be purchased at a nominal cost by anyone after the back pack promotion is finished.
The Thrift Store will hold a bag sale this week, Thursday and Friday from 10 AM to 5:30 PM and Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM.
“Fill a bag with all the clothes and shoes it will hold and pay just one dollar,” said Hanson. “It’s a great time to stock up on summer items.”
- Former Bearcat and current Raider fan selected to the Hall of Fame
- Share your love story with us
- Annual Kennebec fishing tournament draws crowd
- March 19 to be proclaimed as "Mike Sweeney Day" in Presho
- Lyman places 10th at Mid Dakota Monster
- GLF grants applications now being accepted
- Give 'em room to work
- 40th year for Lyman tourney
- Snow arrived the day after Christmas
- Officials urge holiday safety
- Merry Christmas
- Railroad equipment parked for winter