Thrift Store offers Backpack Program to local youth
As part of the mission of the Thrift Store & More to help children in need, the board of directors announce the annual back-to-school Backpack Program will kick off Saturday, August 3rd and continue throughout the month.
Any family that needs help in obtaining school supplies for their school age children are encouraged to visit the store between August 3rd and the start of the school year. “Supplies may go fast,” said board member Teresa Hanson, who encourages people to come in early for the best selection.
Anyone with good usable back packs to donate may bring them to the store as soon as possible. Cash donations towards supplies are always welcomed and appreciated.
According to Hanson, the store tries to keep supplies on hand throughout the year for those in need of items later in the school year. “We encourage teachers and students to utilize these supplies,” said Hanson.
Supplies can also be purchased at a nominal cost by anyone after the back pack promotion is finished.
The Thrift Store will hold a bag sale this week, Thursday and Friday from 10 AM to 5:30 PM and Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM.
“Fill a bag with all the clothes and shoes it will hold and pay just one dollar,” said Hanson. “It’s a great time to stock up on summer items.”
- LHS to crown King & Queen Monday, Sept. 26
- Lyman PF Chapter plans Banquet
- Kennebec hosts Rodeo for Cowboys and Cowgirls, age 4 to 18
- GLF Update: "The Miller Challenge"
- Pheasant survey indicates Lyman County routes among highest in state
- Court rules on County State’s election
- Enrollment up at the start of the new year
- Fall sports back in action
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre Day
- Presho Firefighters receive Grain Bin Rescue equipment and training
- Lyman County ACS Survivor celebration event
- Swimming season comes to an end