Saturday rain delays golf tournament
The Medicine Creek Golf Course Couples Tournament held Saturday at the golf course was delayed for approximately 90 minutes due to rain showers moving through the area.
The alternating shot tournament consisted of 12 teams of two.
Winning the first flight was the husband and wife team of Jen and Jed McNaughton followed by Eric and Andrea Diehm in second place, and Ryan Husman and Lorlen Caslin in third.
The second flight winners were Rod Cleveland and Angela Ehlers followed by Blaine and Cami Bacon in second, and Nelson and Tracy Brakke in third.
Pin prizes were donated anonymously as were golf balls, wine, Medicine Creek Golf Course tees, and money. Prize winners are: Eric Diehm - Longest drive for men on hole 1. Rod Cleveland - Closest in one on hole 3. Ronnie Schweitzer - Closest in two on hole 4. Dean Reumann - Longest putt on hole 5: Rod Cleveland - Longest putt on hole 7. Blaine Bacon - Closest in one on hole 8. And, Heidi McClanahan - Longest drive for women on hole 9.
- Ground broken for the Wheat Growers fertilizer plant
- Greater Lyman Foundation works toward challenge
- A Season of Giving
- Local Food Pantry partners with Feeding South Dakota
- Senior meal program to end in Lyman County due to declining numbers
- Former students rebut CNN’s accusations against St. Joseph’s Indian School
- Transportation Secretary visits South Dakota rail rehab project
- National Gas Average Nears Four-Year Low
- Schaefer re-elected to third term in House
- Growing rural communities