Vacancies open on city and town boards
Anyone living within the city limits of Presho, Kennebec and Reliance are eligible to file a petition for a position on their respective town board.
Presho will be electing three council members to two-year terms in all three Wards, In addition, a fourth position will be filled in Ward 3.
In WARD 1- the seat currently held by Bill Lengkeek is up for election.
One council member from WARD 2 will be elected to fill position currently held by Barrot Lillebo; and two seats are open in WARD 3; the seats currently held by Cody Volmer and Angela Ehlers.
For information regarding which Ward a resident of Presho lives in, contact the city office at 895-2337.
A board of five trustees manage the town of Kennebec.
Two at large, 3-year terms on the board, currently held by Eugene Mertens and Todd Longville are up for election..
One three-year seat on the Reliance Town Broad, currently held by Brandon Bacon will expire in 2014. In addition, an election will be held to fill the position left open last year upon the death of town board member Ronald McManus.
Petitions may be picked up at the local finance office and must be completed and filed no later than 5:00 pm Friday, February 28, 2014.
If an election is needed, all city elections will be Tuesday, April 8.
- Lyman to host openning round of football playoffs
- Hunting begins
- Pheasants make a come back
- Wheat Growers Kennebec facility groundbreaking set for October 15
- 1971 West Lyman football team inducted into Hall of Fame
- Presho woman gives state $10,000 for new rail line
- New art in Vivian
- Kennebec to expand, upgrade waterwaste system
- Wheat Growers Announces Kennebec Site for Grain/Agronomy Facility
- Raiders host Cross Country meet
- Committee to study possible restructuring of Lyman School
- Raider colors on parade