Posted by kim
Ty Uthe, Presho prepares to throw a ball while Jim Cole sits at the new automatic scorers table. Members of the men’s American league were the first bowlers to try out the new scoring system at Jet Lanes Bowling Alley Thursday, Jan. 8, 2004.
By Lucy Halverson
Bowlers at Jet Lanes Bowling alley in Presho will enjoy the ease of automatic scorers tables when they hit the alleys this week.
Carl Brakke, owner and operator, recently purchased used automatic scoring equipment from Complete Bowling of Sioux City, IA. Craig Doren, of Complete Bowling spent the past week installing the equipment that greeted the men’s American League bowlers Thursday night at Jet Lanes.
According to Brakke, in addition to installing the scorers, Doren has made updates to the pin sitters and provided other needed improvements on equipment that local bowlers should notice. “The modernization of the equipment provides much smoother operation during league bowling and open bowling,” stated Brakke.
Currently, there are two men’s leagues bowling on Monday and Thursday and two women’s leagues bowling on Monday and Wednesday, plus Saturday morning youth bowling. Open bowling is available weekdays after school and evenings other than league nights.
Jet Lanes offers the area food and family fun.
- Lyman track teams win Conference Meet
- NOTICE OF BIDS
- Western Great Plains Confernce Track meet to be held in Presho
- Youth selected to attend Boys and Girls State
- Nominating petitions due
- Love of horses inspires essay
- City-wide clean up days scheduled
- Pierre publisher elected president of South Dakota Newspaper AssociationÂ
- Prom on the Bayou
- Get ready for Scavengerâ€™s Journey
- Community adds to clinic fund
- Vivian business to open soon