Posted by Kim
Only one span remains of the three span Highway 53 Bridge across the White River south of Vivian in this photo taken Jan. 21, 2004. A new wider bridge was constructed two years ago to replace the 75 year old bridge.
See the Jan. 28, 2004 Herald for the history of the Hwy 53 bridge compliled by Lonis Wendt, Vivian, SD.
- Annual event draws crowd to Presho gym
- Presho, Kennebec to hold city elections
- Wheat Growers releases site layout for new facility at Kennebec
- Lyman meets Jones Co. in Dist. 13B Championship game on Thursday
- Lyman plays Whiter River tonight at Dist. 13B
- Lyman to host Dist. 13B Girls Tournament
- RACD performers present 21st dinner/theater
- Two Lyman grads inducted
- Reliance Zoning Commission recommends change in designation
- Transmission project being reviewed
- City and town board nominating petitons available
- Ice Fishing for fun and prizes