NewsAugust 01 2012
Lyman County 4-H youth are putting the finishing touches on projects in anticipation of this week’s Achievement Days. This year’s event features additional games and activities for 4-H families and the general public as well.
All indoor projects are to be entered at the gym in Kennebec between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM for judging.
A burger cook off will be held at 5:30 PM. Contact Misty Welter at 869-2226 to pre-register.
The competition heats up on Friday starting at 9:30 AM with the dog show, followed by the poultry, cat and rabbit show.
The gym opens at 10:00 AM for public viewing of indoor projects. Bingo, sponsored by the Busy Bee club of Kennebec will be played at the gym from 10:00 am to noon.
Large livestock weighs begin at noon.
Numerous games and activities are planned for Friday starting with a pie eating contest at 12:30 PM, games on the green, a flag disposal ceremony at 2:30 PM, corn shucking contest at 5:45 PM and the barbecue and watermelon feed at 5:30 PM.
Visit the 4-H barn at 1:30 PM for the start of the livestock show and judging, sheep, goats, swine and beef shows will be held.
Achievement Days will conclude with the garden, baked goods, livestock premium sale at 7:00 PM.
Misty Welter, Lyman County 4-H adviser encourages the public to visit the gym and 4-H barn throughout the two day event.
"All are welcome to attend," said Welter.
- Booster Club hosts kick off
- Market features sunflower blooms and more
- Kennebec to celebrate Lake Byre; DayTriathlon set for Saturday
- Pool season comes to an end
- Hoping for a favorable nod from the judge
- Reminiscing at school reunions
- New Lutheran pastor arrives in Presho.
- Lyman and Presho alumni meet this weekend
- School board welcomes new superintendent
- Celebrating Independence, Statehood Vivian style
- Wheat Growers ready to build when rail rehab is announced
- Scavenger's journey to Presho for a bargain