NewsAugust 01 2012
Lyman County 4-H youth are putting the finishing touches on projects in anticipation of this week’s Achievement Days. This year’s event features additional games and activities for 4-H families and the general public as well.
All indoor projects are to be entered at the gym in Kennebec between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM for judging.
A burger cook off will be held at 5:30 PM. Contact Misty Welter at 869-2226 to pre-register.
The competition heats up on Friday starting at 9:30 AM with the dog show, followed by the poultry, cat and rabbit show.
The gym opens at 10:00 AM for public viewing of indoor projects. Bingo, sponsored by the Busy Bee club of Kennebec will be played at the gym from 10:00 am to noon.
Large livestock weighs begin at noon.
Numerous games and activities are planned for Friday starting with a pie eating contest at 12:30 PM, games on the green, a flag disposal ceremony at 2:30 PM, corn shucking contest at 5:45 PM and the barbecue and watermelon feed at 5:30 PM.
Visit the 4-H barn at 1:30 PM for the start of the livestock show and judging, sheep, goats, swine and beef shows will be held.
Achievement Days will conclude with the garden, baked goods, livestock premium sale at 7:00 PM.
Misty Welter, Lyman County 4-H adviser encourages the public to visit the gym and 4-H barn throughout the two day event.
"All are welcome to attend," said Welter.
- Unofficial School Board election results
- Get ready to Scavenge
- Flag Day in Presho
- Move to eliminate health insurance dies on floor
- Lyman County, Primary Election Unofficial Results
- Wheat Growers to host open house at new load out facility at Kennebec
- Honoring those who gave the supreme sacrifice
- Primary Election set for Tuesday, June 7
- Lyman Grads proclaim their accomplishment
- Teachers receive raise
- Prairie Futures program guides nontraditional students to nursing degree
- Highway Patrol to Conduct “Move Over” Campaign Friday