NewsOctober 31 2012
Producers of perennial forage (for grazing and hay) and fall-seeded small grains must submit their 2013 acreage report for those crops to the Farm Service Agency, and to their crop insurance agent, by November 15, 2012.
In prior years, reports for these crops were not due to FSA until July 15. This change is part of an initiative at the national level to align acreage reporting dates between FSA and the Risk Management Agency (RMA).
Crop acreage reports are essential to maintaining eligibility for multiple FSA program benefits, and establishing a record of historical cropping. Currently proposed Farm Bill legislation continues the crop reporting requirement.
- Holiday shoppers visit Kennebec Craft Show
- Lighting Up Kennebec” set for December 1st
- School honors area Vets with program
- Presho Thirft Store to expand
- Lyman volleyball wins the District Championship
- Halloween fun in Presho
- Veterans Day events planned for Nov. 11
- Lyman will host District 13B Volleyball Tournament
- Bumper row crop fills elevator
- New Trooper assigned to Presho
- Opening day in Lyman County
- Hunters pack the gym for annual PF Banquet