NewsOctober 31 2012
Producers of perennial forage (for grazing and hay) and fall-seeded small grains must submit their 2013 acreage report for those crops to the Farm Service Agency, and to their crop insurance agent, by November 15, 2012.
In prior years, reports for these crops were not due to FSA until July 15. This change is part of an initiative at the national level to align acreage reporting dates between FSA and the Risk Management Agency (RMA).
Crop acreage reports are essential to maintaining eligibility for multiple FSA program benefits, and establishing a record of historical cropping. Currently proposed Farm Bill legislation continues the crop reporting requirement.
- United Methodist holds Easter celebration
- "As seen on TV"
- Local Vet Supply business under new ownership
- Sobriety Checkpoints Planned
- Reliance Post Office house on chopping block
- Leprechauns descend upon Presho
- Lady Raiders bound for state
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Playing at the farm and home show
- Garnos to be inducted into SD Amateur Basketball Hall of Fame
- Curtain to go up SATURDAY night on 20th play
- Group organizes to promote rail line rehab