NewsDecember 05 2012
Kids shopping day at Thrift Store Volunteers at the Presho Thrift Store n More will hold a free kids’ shopping event at the store Saturday, Dec. 8 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm to allow area youth the opportunity to Christmas shop for family members.
Youth of all ages are invited to bring a list of the people they want to shop for. “Gift suggestions and appropriate sizes for parents and siblings would be helpful,” said Thrift Store board member Teresa Hanson.
Hanson stated that parents or guardians may drop their children off at the store to shop and pick them up after they have completed their purchases and had their gifts wrapped. With the holidays near, Hanson said donations to the food pantry, along with other holiday items such as wrapping paper, tape, decorations and other gently used items that would make nice gifts are needed.
The Thrift Store will provide holiday food baskets and certificates to those in need prior to Christmas. Gently used clothing, shoes, boots and household items are always welcomed and appreciated at the Thrift Store as are volunteers who can donate their time to the store.
- Hunters average two birds in Lyman Co. during opener
- National Fire Prevention Week, October 9-15
- Hoops for Coop
- Lyman Celebrates Homecoming
- Fall Harvest Underway
- LHS to crown King & Queen Monday, Sept. 26
- Lyman PF Chapter plans Banquet
- Kennebec hosts Rodeo for Cowboys and Cowgirls, age 4 to 18
- GLF Update: "The Miller Challenge"
- Pheasant survey indicates Lyman County routes among highest in state
- Court rules on County State’s election
- Enrollment up at the start of the new year