NewsFebruary 15 2017
Posted by Lucy
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Presho March 18
Mark your calendar now, you don’t want to miss the 35th annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Celebration in Presho set for Saturday March 18.
The Blarney Commission has selected the date and announced the scheduled of events; As always a festive day filled with music and dancing and traditional food and drink has been planned.
Festivities start at dawn with Irish coffee being served across town. You’ll also want to check out the annual St. Pat’s rummage sale, being held at the American Lutheran Church.
Registration for the Shamrock Shuffle fun run will begin at Jet Lanes at around 11:00 a.m. You’ll get the chance to Kiss the Chip o’ the Blarney Stone and receive a Certificate of Authenticity, as well as enjoy the music o’ the Irish bagpipes while you wait for the starter’s pistol to sound for the running of the annual Shuffle at noon. Local eateries will feature traditional Irish stew and corned beef, and plenty of green beer to complete the meal.
A group o’ fine young lads from the Irish village of Sioux Falls, the band Too Drunk to Fish, will play Irish tunes from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Jet Lanes.
The Grand Parade will commence at the corner of Main and Willow Street, near the Methodist Church at 2:00 and travel down Main. No need to register early, just show up prior to the start time and get in line. Entries will be judged, and cash prizes awarded.
There will be plenty of candy being handed out for the little folks.
At 8:00 p.m. more Irish music, dancing and merrymaking will commence at Jet Lanes when Neo Johnson takes the stage for an evening session of more Irish music and merrymaking.
Come to Presho on this finest of days as we raise a toast to the Good Saint, and to the members of the Blarney Commission who founded this Grand Festival of the Irish.
Erin go Bragh!
-Grand ole Blarney Commission
- Lyman HS band performs for crowd
- Climate update predicts wetter than average April
- Three seats on board up for election
- Student Council raises money for Children’s Miracle Network
- Garnos inducted into Hall of Fame
- Presho takes second at amateur tournament
- Presho’s 25th Farm & Home Show a success
- Presho and Reliance to hold city elections
- Lyman Seniors serve as pages
- Annual Farm & Home Show set for Saturday
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Presho March 18
- Manger fundraiser a success